Terms & Conditions
1. Passenger Conduct
It is incumbent upon the Hirer and the Hirer’s party to behave in a proper manner for the duration of their journey. The Driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle and as such may refuse to allow a passenger or passengers to board the vehicle or eject them from the vehicle if, in his sole discretion, he considers them unfit to travel for whatever reason (for example, being intoxicated, aggressive or abusive). The Driver may refuse to continue a journey if, in his sole discretion, he considers any passenger to be behaving in such a way as may compromise the safety of other persons, the contents of the vehicle or the vehicle itself.
In such event, at the Driver’s sole discretion, the journey may continue once the passenger or passengers have been removed from the vehicle, but should passenger conduct result in summary termination of the journey, the company reserves the right to cancel any other parts of a booking, and in such circumstances the forfeiture of any monies paid, and no claims for compensation or refund in either whole or part shall be entertained.
Any damage caused to the vehicle by the Hirer or any of the passengers shall be the responsibility of the Hirer and the Hirer shall be liable for all costs related
2. Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Consumption
No alcohol (opened) will be allowed in the vehicle at any time.
All vehicles are strictly non-smoking by law.
Non-compliance with a Driver’s request for passengers to refrain from drinking alcohol, the smoking of tobacco or consumption of illegal narcotics may result in summary termination of the journey, cancellation of any other parts of a booking and, in such circumstances, the Customer shall remain liable for any sums due under this Agreement and the Company shall have no liability to the Customer and no refunds shall be provided.
3. Driver’s Hours
Driver’s Hours (Fatigue management) and rest periods are strictly regulated by Australian state and federal government law and the Hirer accepts responsibility for timings agreed at confirmation of booking. The Hirer accepts that neither they nor their passengers shall delay or interrupt the journey in such a way as to cause the Driver to breach Driver’s Hours regulations and must adhere strictly to all collection times contained in the Booking Confirmation. If any breach is likely to occur the hirer agrees to pay any additional costs incurred.
If delays occur for whatever reason, the Company may take whatever action is deemed necessary for the Vehicle in order to comply with the law. Where delays do occur, the Company cannot be held responsible for any losses arising as a result of those delays or non-performance of the services unless they are due solely to the negligence of the Company.
4. Breakdown or Delay
The Company may give advice on journey times in good faith, but cannot guarantee that the journey is completed by a specific time and cannot accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for traffic congestion, road accidents, adverse weather conditions, compliance with requests of the police, customs or other government officials and security services or other matters outside its reasonable control and will not be liable for any inconvenience or loss incurred caused by a breakdown or unforeseen delay be that en-route to pick up the Hirer or en-route to the booking destination as a result.
It is strongly recommended that the Hirer should consider insuring against this risk if journey times are particularly crucial, for example for the commencement of an event.
5. Use of the Vehicle
The Hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys nor will the vehicle remain at the destination for the Hirer’s sole use unless this has been expressly agreed in writing by the Company. The Company reserves the right to levy additional charges for timings or mileage over and above the original agreement on a pro rata basis as confirmed to the Hirer at the time of booking.
The Customer hereby acknowledges that no luggage may be left on the vehicle unless specifically agreed with the Company.
Should the Customer be late for any pickup as set out in the Booking Confirmation the Customer will be liable for any additional costs incurred by the Company in providing the Service including, without limitation, the costs of obtaining a replacement vehicle if the original becomes unavailable and obtaining additional Drivers.
- If the actual departure time is made within 20 minutes of the scheduled/confirmed pickup time no overtime charges will be levied.
- Any departures that take place 20 minutes or later than the scheduled/confirmed pickup time overtime charges may be levied (from the scheduled/confirmed pickup time) at the following rates
($150 including GST per hour)
10. Cancellation by Hirer
- All cancellations must be made in writing. Should the Hirer wish to cancel a booking where the Hirer has paid in either full or part for the booking the following refund terms shall apply:
- Any cancellation requests must be acknowledged by us via reply email from one of our representatives. You must email your cancellation request through and ensure that you receive a reply email from us confirming that your journey is cancelled. We will accept no responsibility for cancellation requests made via phone, message service or email that has not been acknowledged by Eastend Bus Service
- Eastend Bus Service reserves the right to charge you, the client, a cancellation fee of:
- 20% of the total booking amount if cancelled within 7 days of the journey.
- 50% of the total booking amount if cancelled within less than 3 days of the journey.
- 100% of the total booking amount if cancelled within less than 2 days of the journey.
- Cancellation of an event or holiday or “reason for travel” does not affect the Hirer’s liability for the above cancellation fees and the monies will be due as if the vehicle was travelling.
- Should the Customer not have paid the amount set out above at the time of cancellation the balance shall become due immediately and shall be a debt owed to the Company. The Company may, at its sole discretion, engage the services of a debt collection agency to recover any unpaid amount together with interest and any debt collection charges and legal fees.